On 2/26/2023 9:47 AM, Vincent Slyngstad via cctalk wrote:
On 2/26/2023 1:15 AM, jos via cctalk wrote:
On 25.02.23 18:52, silvercreekvalley--- via cctalk wrote:
Thanks Vince - I knew about the RX emulators but not the serial disk - that sounds interesting. Is there any documentation on that - I had a look at the GitHub but seemed a bit sparse.

I can imagine the FFP8/A is hard to find and replicate. I can probably use emulation - but its nice to check with real hardware.

This is probably not the right place to link the youtube video of the guy that destroyed a FPP8/A set to recover the gold on the PCB-fingers...

I do have a rather complete 8/A, with RL01 ad FPP8/A. Alas no sockets inside so the PROMs cannot easily be read out.

Too bad we probably can't get the damaged board to image the PROMS and programmable parts.

The source code for the FPP8-A is available - I retyped it while trying to debug the SIMH FPP code.

Getting that source into a binary is a exercise for the reader. :) Apparently the compiler for this ran on TOPS-10.

The maintenance docs for the FPP8-A give enough information to reverse engineer the programmable bits.

    -Rick