<
> The best way to approach this, given the interchange issues with MFM
> disk controllers, is probably to use one of Dave Gesswein's MFM Emulator
> devices.  It'll give you a flux image that can then be decode.

I have an MDM Emulator and it's nice, on those occasions you are
trying to read a supported drive (it supports a _lot_ of encodings,
but not every single platform).

Two layers - fortunately in this case, the low-level format is known
(WD1002A-WX1) and that's good.  I'd totally expect an MFM Emulator to
be able to pull bytes off the drive.  I am not a CoCo person so I have
no idea what tools can be used to pull files from a raw pile of disk
blocks there.

-ethan