On Fri, May 19, 2023, 4:36 AM Liam Proven via cctalk <cctalk@classiccmp.org>
wrote:

> [3] Win98SE was, I _think_, maybe the first version to support USB _2_
> and maybe the first version with USB key support as standard. This
> needed a driver on original 98.

[4] Microsoft didn't add USB 2.0 support until Windows XP SP1. That USB 2.0
support was also back ported to Windows 2000 SP 4. Microsoft never added
USB 2.0 support to Windows 98SE or Windows Me.

[5] Microsoft first added USB mass storage support to Windows 2000. That
was back ported to the original Windows Me release, but never to Windows
98SE.

[6] Any USB 2.0 support on Windows 98SE or Me would have been provided by
third-parties, same with any USB mass storage support on Windows 98SE.