Ok, so I grabbed some DS/DD 3M 8" disks - I assume I can "MARK" them
(reformat).  But so far no luck.   I never had disks on the 5110, so still
learning about them on the 5120 - I assume they still need to be "MARK"
just like the tapes are?

Here is a short video I made of the 5120 disk drives I have during startup
of the system.   I'll double check the fuses of the system tomorrow - the
fuse behind the CRT was blown, so I'm thinking it's possible this system
had some other electrical problems.

IBM 5120 Disk Drive Example (benchtop experiment) - YouTube
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxyDDx8LOGw>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxyDDx8LOGw

Much to investigate, but so many other projects - I may need to just put
away these 8" drives for a while.

OH, and I finally got to talk about the 5100 series.    I'm not the best
speaker and a couple mistakes I noticed - but mostly I hope I didn't
horribly misrepresent your prior work.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIJNrBaTenM

-Steve