On 8/3/23 1:21 PM, KenUnix wrote:
Hi.

Hi Ken,

Has anyone got SCO Unix to successfully install and run on Virtualbox?

*Which* *version* of SCO?  UnixWare, OpenServer, or something older?

My efforts have failed. My host is Ubuntu 22.04 with Virtualbox 7.0.10.

I don't remember the last time that I installed any SCO product in virtualization, but I am quite certain that I've gotten a basic installation of, probably, OpenServer 5.<something> in VirtualBox.

I assume that I didn't try to do anything with guest additions.

I /think/ that Microsoft supported SCO OpenServer and / or UnixWare in MS-VirtualPC. So you might be able to enable nested virtualization and run SCO {OpenServer,UnixWare} in MS-VPS in Windows in VirtaulBox.

N.B. There is a small chance that I was using KVM and not VirtualBox as around that time I was making heavy use of both virtualization solutions, sometimes concurrently on the same system. But I'm fairly certain that I've installed SCO OpenServer 5.x in VirtualBox.

--
Grant. . . .