Den tis 29 aug. 2023 kl 13:30 skrev Chris Zach via cctalk <
cctalk@classiccmp.org>:

> Oh baloney. As long as the backplane pins are not mushed these are
> surprisingly easy to fix and mouse crap can be vacuumed out and cleaned
> off the cards and pins.
>
> The thing that drove me the most nuts was finding a backplane wire that
> had worn through its insualtion and shorted against another pin.

Fully agree. Anders Sandahl in Sweden restored a PDP-8/L to operating
condition. It has been stored for many years in a damp garage. A lot of
rust, hundreds of bad components. Bad core memory but eventually it was
running fine.

https://pdp-9.net/pdp-8-l

So I also think it should be possible to get it to run again.

/Mattis