On Mon, 18 Sep 2023, Len Shustek wrote:
Just a few weeks ago I donated to the Computer History Museum a set of 14 original IBM black binders of "Type 7xx" manuals from the 1950s, including the 727. That one is likely to be the same as what's on bitsavers, but since it's no longer in hand I can't check. They probably haven't made it through the CHM cataloging process yet.

The background is, we will pick up a 727 drive next week. It appears to be in a quite decent shape. I would like to restore it as much as possible, so wiring diagrams, schematics, module utilization charts, in short, everything that would help, is highly appreciated. The 729 is already solid state, but the 727 with its tube modules is a real technical beauty :-)

It doesn't seem that there is any other such drive in existence, apart perhaps at the Museum of Transport and Technology in New Zealand, but they describe it as "Upright rectangular unit on four wheels" and things like "A.C. Motor inside unit is coloured metallic blue with red stickers" *lol*

Christian