> On Nov 20, 2023, at 10:05 PM, Tim Sneddon via cctalk <cctalk@classiccmp.org>
> wrote:
>
> On Tue, 21 Nov 2023 at 06:13, Paul Koning via cctalk <cctalk@classiccmp.org>
> wrote:
>
>> I just pushed two additions to https://github.com/pkoning2/decstuff :
>>
>> In "patches" a new patch for the DEUNA driver.  This fixes a problem seen
>> when doing user (as opposed to DECnet) I/O, as well as two errors that show
>> up when using units beyond the first.
>>
>> Directory "ntp" is new.  This is a simple NTP protocol client for RSTS,
>> which will synchronize the system clock with an NTP server on the LAN.  It
>> includes handling of timezone rules, so the right thing will happen at
>> daylight savings time (summer time) boundaries.  The clock is maintained to
>> the full RSTS resolution -- typically 1/50th or 1/60th second, but can be
>> as low as 10 ms if the KW-11/P clock is used.
>>

> This is awesome! Thanks, Paul.

Glad you like it.  Comments welcome.

When I first posted this I still had trouble with the QNA driver.  Those are
now fixed (patch file patches/xhdvr.cmd) so it now works on both UNA and QNA
devices.

I've tested this in SIMH.  I would expect it to work on real hardware too, but
I don't have any to try, so reports on actual machines would be particularly
interesting.