On Sun, Mar 31, 2024 at 8:15 AM John Robertson via cctalk
<cctalk@classiccmp.org> wrote:

> On 2024/03/30 7:53 p.m., Glen Slick via cctalk wrote:
> >> Ours comes from Mouser, between two part #s they have over 7,000 74LS04s
> >> in DIP packaging in stock. Didn't check ACT, HCT, or ALS. I don't think
> >> we've had a 7400 series part that we couldn't just order off Mouser in
> >> recent history, and we're usually buying QTY 100.
> >>
> > You can also buy parts direct from TI, for example they currently show
> > around around 3000 SN74LS04N parts in stock.
> >
> > https://www.ti.com/product/SN74LS04/part-details/SN74LS04N
> >
> > The prices for that part match the current Mouser prices of $0.674
> > each, or $0.519 each if you buy at least 4 tubes of 25 parts.
> >
> > I've bought some tubes of 74LS parts direct from TI in the last year.
>
> Interesting, but does TI offer free international shipping with import
> duties & taxes covered if you order over $100US?
>
> John :-#)#

My last order directly from TI was 2.5 years ago, longer than I
remembered. Back in November 2021, in addition to the line item cost
for each quantity of parts that I ordered, there was a total shipping
charge, plus the total local WA state sales tax charge. There was no
separate import charge.

The shipping charge at the time seemed very reasonable. For one order
of 4 tubes of DIP parts it was $7 total, with that shipping charge
then split between FedEx shipping from TX for some parts, and DHL
shipping from ASIA for other parts.

I forget why I ordered directly from TI at the time. Maybe they had
some of the parts in stock that were not currently in stock at Mouser
or Digi-Key, or maybe the total with shipping was lower than at either
Mouser or Digi-Key.