I’m not certain what constitutes the original foundations of
BASIC(Beginner’s All-Purpose Symbolic Instruction Code) but to my knowledge
it began with J. G. Kemeny and T. E. Kurtz at Dartmouth College in 1964.
Apple BASIC and GWBASIC were well established when I began experimenting
with them in early 1980’s. By mid-80’s I was running both on a PC and
Coleco ADAM. I wrote a program using GWBASIC for cataloging my books and
magazines.

Happy computing,

Murray 🙂