Control-G

In one of the comments I found this interesting tidbit:

Working at DEC for many years, I learned a lot from Mr. Bell.  One of my
favorite sayings was he calling himself "the industry standard dummy."  Which
simply meant that he approached all new products without pre-conceived notions
of "how" it should work.  He found so many bugs and interface errors that way,
and taught everyone to do the same.  On old computer keyboards one used to be
able to make a bell ring by typeing CTRL-G.  That industry standard was set for
G. Bell.

Sent from someone's iPhone