I'm sorry but I beg to differ with you here.  The DEC PDP line of single user interactive computers (as opposed to batch processing only systems) started in the late 1950's and early 1960's and spawned many generations as well as copies and other companies (Data General being the most well known of these).Yes multi user time sharing operating systems we added later on but initially they were single user interactive, (DEC 10 & 20 excepted).Does a computer lose its "Personal" identification if it can handle multiple users as an option. There were multiple user time sharing Operating Systems for many early personal computers (Unix, Xenix, MP/M, Uniflex, OS/9, etc.). Even the aforementioned PDP computers ran multi-user time sharing systems. Does that, then, invalidate them for consideration as a personal computer? Does that make any Linux machine not a personal computer, by definition, because it can handle more than one user or task? As I have said earlier in this thead and its fore bearers, the term Personal Computer is so non-specific that we can argue from here to Alpha Centauri and back without coming up with an agreed upon definition. So, until a concrete definition can be made, the discussion of the answer is completely moot. I stick by my original challenge, find a calculating device that predates the Antikythera Mechanism (36 BCE). Simple measuring devices like the sun dial and sextant don't count as they don't calculate, they measure.