I know that SparkyLinux, a Debian derivative, has a CDE desktop

http://sparkylinux.org/cde-common-desktop-environment/

but I haven't tried it, and I am unsure about its quality.

There are precompiled packages by David Cantrell for RHEL/CentOS/Fedora/Scientific Linux at

https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/dcantrel/cde/

I have tried them on Scientific Linux 6 and 7, and they worked well. But some configuration was needed

to open pdf files from the filemanager etc...

It may be possible to adapt David Cantrell's spec to other RPM based Linux distributions (Mageia, PCLinuxOS, OpenSuse etc...) and compile RPMs for them.

For Debian based, neither CDEbian nor SparkyLinux have released files to generate .deb packages

as far as I know.