On 2/1/20 1:02 PM, Chase wrote:
> Well, as I said, we can use sed instead of gencpp and eventually
> remove gencpp so we wont have yet another utility to maintain anymore

We are always going to use GENCPP (tradcpp).  It works great, is OS
agnostic and there is no need to go fix things that aren't broken.

So, I am not going to commit anything that removes it.  Hell, it took me
quite some time to integrate it in *favor* of cpp/sed.  So, removing it
is a non-starter.

Also, I thought I was clear - I am not interested in any patches for
autotools that don't actually get anything new to build and work...
There is a list at the bottom of programs/Makefile.am.  If you are not
interested in tackling those, that's fine - it will be some months
before I have the time again.  If you do decide to tackle one of these,
let everyone know so that no time is wasted by two people working on the
same module.

Otherwise, please stick to master.

WRT to dtscpd, I intend to not even build that by default in the future
(I envision a --with-dtspcd option).  It is insecure and not very
useful/safe in today's word.  Same for rpc.ttdbserver.

WRT the hash changes you posted earlier, I have not had time yet to look
at that, but I might apply it to master.  But - then I also have to
figure out how to test it.  Have you tested it?  Does it work - ie: Do
dtksh scripts like /usr/dt/bin/dterror.ds  still run properly?

Anyway, I'm not trying to be a dick here, but what little time I do have
for this project I intend to use wisely.  Replacing GENCPP, after all
the work I put into testing it and integrating it, is just pointless and
does nothing to further the state of the autotools branch.

-jon