On 11/15/23 11:23, TCH via cdesktopenv-devel wrote:
2020.0.0+really93u+20120801-9, the version Debian 11 providing.

I've obtained the latest ksh (93u+m/1.0.7 (2023-09-15)) sources from github,
compiled and installed it to /opt/ksh93 and then prepended it's bin directory
to $PATH from console before compiling CDE.
./configure found it (checking for ksh... /opt/ksh93/bin/ksh), yet, the errors
remained the very same.

I have an older ksh93 binary on my disk (93u+ (2012-08-01)). I've symlinked
that to /tmp/ksh/ksh and then prepended that directory to $PATH before
compiling.
./configure found that too, but still, the errors did not change.

In both cases, i did the compiling from scratch (from extracting the archive
and then ./autogen.sh, ./configure, ./make), to be sure.

Hi

I don't think this is related to ksh. I side with Jon: This is related to rpcgen. The missing definition for AGENTVERS should be in agent.h, which is generated with rpcgen from the input file agent.x.

Could you please verify the output of:

% rpcgen -h cde/lib/csa/agent.x | grep AGENTVERS

I'm currently on my arm64 machine with Debian testing, which probably doesn't exactly match your setup. But my rpcgen binary has been provided by the package rpcsvc-proto:

% dpkg -S `which rpcgen`
rpcsvc-proto: /usr/bin/rpcgen

% apt-cache policy rpcsvc-proto
rpcsvc-proto:
  Installed: 1.4.3-1
  Candidate: 1.4.3-1
  Version table:
 *** 1.4.3-1 500
        500 http://debian.ethz.ch/debian trixie/main arm64 Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

Meanwhile, the package libc-dev-bin does not provide any rpcgen binary on my installation:

% dpkg-query -L libc-dev-bin | grep rpcgen
# No output

So the question is: What output does your rpcgen binary produce? Is the package rpcsvc-proto available to you?

Also, make sure to clean the build tree after installing additional development tools. I know it might be obvious, but I've walked into that one too many times to not mention it... :)

Cheers, J.