Please accept my apologies if this is a duplicate, but it appears that SOME messages have gone astray in the 'ether'.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Andy Shiels" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <cdrom@distribution.openoffice.org>
Sent: Friday, October 12, 2007 4:32 PM
Subject: Re: [cd-rom] cd rom distributor Justin Tiernan

Hi Justin.

OO.org do not supply cd's.
The whole operation is about 80% voluntary.

All you need to do is download - and SAVE, not run, the current version/s you require. That for Windows is 2.3.
You can then burn these to disc and distribute.
If you wish, you can make a nominal charge for supplying the discs- as mentioned in the attached reply you had.

I am copying you below my standard 'crib sheet' which will guide you through enrolling to mailing lists etc. and you can view different sections on the OO.org site to find out about artwork, policies, publicity flyers etc.

If you need any further help, please do not hesitate to come back. We try to respond within 24 hrs, subject to our full-time jobs and family commitments.

Regards.

Andy Shiels   enc:

Welcome,
Please find below are the basic instructions  for Community Distributors.

1.Copy this link (edit,copy, paste) , or type directly into your address
bar.
  Or stay on line, and double click the link:

   NOTE that there is NO www. in this address:

   http://distribution.openoffice.org/index.html

  You should see a BLUE BUTTON "Would you like to distribute cd roms?"
or
2.   If you cannot get in on this link, go in by the 'Front Door'  as
below!
www.openoffice.org
Now proceed as follows
Projects tab,
Distribution link - logo with link
Distribution (Says Louis...) beside it.
This will give you the mission statements and links to what files to
distribute etc.

Under the 'page break' line, titled Distribution Projects go to CDRom
(Alex... beside it),

This should then bring up the screen asking you if you want to find a
distributor near you.

You should see the BLUE BUTTON " Would you like to distribute cd roms?".

Whichever way you 'entered', proceed :

Under Mailing lists, make sure that you are subscribed to  :
                     [EMAIL PROTECTED] .....
                     [EMAIL PROTECTED]   ......
                     [EMAIL PROTECTED] ......

You can download the latest version (2.3) for win32, or browse for linux
and other alternatives if you need
them, by clicking on the 'Download' button on the top row - second from
left.

There are options for a download with,or without Java, suggest you take
the
one with.
This may save you, or your 'customers' a second download from Java link,if
they do not have it on their machine.

SAVE the download, and this will then write to disc.

There have been some problems with the iso images, so once you have
enrolled, you may find that it will pay you to download as above,
whichever   versions you want, to get you started.
You can then check out the iso's afterwards.

Look out for the links to disc templates, flyers, specification sheets
etc.
You will have to 'apply' to use these..

All link buttons etc are available, just read through the mission
statements
etc. and you can then follow the links for more info.

If you are also building, you may also like to consider registering as
o.e.m. suppliers (?)

If so, in addition to the above, subscribe to:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Come back if you have any problems.

All the best

Andy Shiels