Hi,

if you like to send mails to the sourceforge mailing lists, you need to first
register yourself for the mailing list.

st xu <xu.si...@gmail.com> wrote:

> [...]

Given that you do not send any information from cdrecord, I am wondering how I
could help you.... in special since you do not use the cdrecord command line
syntax that is explained in the cdrecord man page.

Using /dev/* arguments for the dev= option from cdrecord is explicitly called
unsupported in the man page and typically causes cdrecord to fail on Linux as
a result of the bugs in the Linux kernel or simply as from the fact that
Linux implements more than one driver interface for a single device and /dev/*
typicalls enforces cdrecord to use the driver variant that does not work
correctly.

> // 2. make an iso with -C -M
> *mkisofs -J -udf -C 0,93952 -M /dev/sr0 -V mki_burn -v -o image.iso
> somefiles*
>   then an error occurred:
>     *mkisofs: unable to find previous session PVD '/dev/sr0'*
>   so i cannot accomplish my expectation.
> this is the result of cd_session command for this nonempty disc.
> [image: image.png]

This error message is not from mkisofs :-(

What software are you using?

In case of problems with multi session disks, it may be that the option
argument for the -C option is wrong.

It helps to call "cdrecord -media-info -v" to retrieve the media information
that I would need to be able to help.

>   and sometimes I will get a cdrecord error while appending files to an
> nonempty disc using the command: *cdrecord -multi -eject -v -dev /dev/sr0
> targetIsoFile*:

Again the unsupported dev= parameter :-(

> *    cdrecord: Data does not fit on current disk.*
>   I followed the codes and found that cdrecord cannot get the correct block
> size of disc, in file drv_dvd.c,
> [image: image.png]
>   after converting uchar to ulong, the nonzero value turned zero, so the
> next process will abort.

That message may appear when the medium is unable to hold the next session data
or when you use a cdrecord variant that has been created (destroyed) by bad
people that like to harm the cdrtoos project.

What version of cdrecord are you using?

What do you get from "cdrecord -version"?

>   I'm looking for something which could support appending files to a
> nonempty disc which was burned on windows before then I found your project,
> and the manpage said this project supports udf hybrid file system, I think
> it will be useful until i met the issue.

A disk written to before from windows may be in a bad state that prevants
further data from being appended. What do you get from:

        cdrecord -media-info -v

>   Could you please give me some advice about how to solve these problems or
> how to append files to a nonempty disc which was burned on windows before?
> Or could you please let me know how to contact Schilling? Really need to
> solve this. I'll be very grateful.
>   Thank you anyway. Expect your reply.

As long as you do not send real information from cdrtools programs, I have no
idea how I could help.

Jörg

--
EMail:jo...@schily.net                  Jörg Schilling D-13353 Berlin