On Tue, Oct 08, 2002 at 06:49:02PM +0200, Matthias Schniedermeyer wrote:
> Want you want seems to be "packet-writing".
>
> With packet-writing you use the CD-R(W) in a HDD like way(*).
>
> AFAIK there is something like this for Linux, but can't say anything
> more.
>

> *: Strongly simplified.

Unfortunately the number of times this would rewrite the part of the
disc storing the inode table would kill a cd-rw in no time.  That is
what UDF is for.

UDF works fine on DVD-RAM.  No idea what patches would be needed for a
CD-RW or DVD-RW drive.  Supposedly DVD+RW works although I have never
seen or used one of those.

Len Sorensen