I have a Yamaha CRW4416S, with the latest firmware (1.0j) and I have been
unable to make CDs on this computer since I upgraded the kernel back when I
was running RedHat 7.1. I stopped using the updated kernel because of these
problems. I hoped that RH 8.0 would solve these problems, but it hasn't. I'm
hoping you can give me some suggestions.....

My CD Blanks are Memorex 700MB / 80 Minute CD-R discs. I have the output of
the CDRECORD window in XCDRoast available if you'd like.

My version of CDRTOOLS is 2.0-1 and my version of XCDRoast is 0.98alpha13-1.
I'd really appreciate any help you can give me.
        Thanks...
        John

PS... I'm not (yet) subscribed to this list so please CC any responses to me.