Hello,

I have written a few hybrid disks (iso9660+Joliet+HFS) with
mkisofs/cdrecord, and I just discovered something very strange.

After the disk is written, I can mount the disk from Linux
(2.2.25, glibc 2.2.5) in iso9660 mode. However, for files that
originally have a Apple resource fork (from Netatalk), it seems
that the resource fork instead of the data fork is visible to
Linux. Stranger still, this does not happen if I mount the CD
image file instead of the CDROM disk. It seems that mkisofs
generates identical inode numbers for both forks (in iso9660
mode), and the way the files are laid out are making at least
the Linux kernel confused.

I have narrowed it down to the point where I can say that this
happens only if I use -hfs or -apple. If I produce a pure iso9660
disk, then the files are not corrupted.

I wonder if anyone knows whether this is a known mkisofs/
cdrecord bug, a previously unknown bug, or it is something
that I did wrong.

The cdrtools version I have used are 2.00.3 (latest stable
version) and 2.01a16 (latest testing version).

Best regards,
--
Ambrose LI Cheuk-Wing  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

http://ada.dhs.org/~acli/