Hi,

> Can xorriso toggle the drive tray?  That is, is there a xorriso equivalent
> of eject -T?

It tries to load the tray when it aquires a drive.
(SCSI command START/STOP UNIT with Start bit and Load/Eject bit set.)

Whether the drive obeys depends on having a drive tray motor.
If eject -T works, then
  xorriso ... -dev /dev/sr0 ...
is supposed to work, too.

> I was only curious, since the status doesn't seem to
> report whether the drive is open or closed.

If
  -status -indev
reports a drive address, then there is an ISO filesystem
loaded or a blank medium aquired. Thus the tray must be in
and either -dev or -indev was used to aquire the drive.

With -outdev it should be possible to have a drive aquired
which has left its tray open. (I have no laptop drive which
would have no tray motor. But empty drives stay aquired with
-outdev.)

You can do your first session on blank medium by -dev.
My example in a previous mail uses -outdev to assert that
the medium is blank. (xorriso refuses to add a session to
a non-blank medium from which it did not load ISO meta data.)

> then I will stop clogging up the list:

This list is really not clogged by on-topic conversations.
Be invited to ask if you got more questions.

Have a nice day :)

Thomas