> >  (peter wrote)
> >
> > 2. Need ability to edit metadata on website models –e.g. for sensible
> > defaults on time integration parameters and graphical

We need to be very careful to preserve a relationship between a
simulation and the data obtained from it. I see a problem occurring
where we have metadata describing a simulation which is bound to a
model, and a graphical output (or set of data points) that are
supposed to represent the output of this simulation, which is also
bound to the model. There is only an implicit relation between the two
such that updating the simulation metadata now produces an
inconsistency with the graphs (or associated data points) of results.

I think we need to think about in the simulation metadata:

1)  uniquely identifying simulations (an rdf ID within the model).
2) referencing the model uri this simulation is referring to (there
shouldn't be anything stopping the simulation metadata being picked up
and processed in isolation of the model)
3) binding graphs of results to the simulation and not the model.
4) changing the metadata of a simulation needs to force a version
change (or variant) in a similar way to models so that a mismatch
between graphs or result sets can be detected.

This part of the discussion thread seems to belong on CellML discussion now.

cheers
Matt