>> While I haven't followed through with any changes, I'm hoping that
>> modifying a model's name or curation level will force the editor to also
>> add modification metadata to the model? You could perhaps pre-populate
>> the modification fields based on the changes the user is making...
>>

> I am working on placing the modification entry form into the metadata editing
> form if the user is uploading a new model.  Curation level is not in the
> metadata specification yet, it only lives as an attribute on the repository
> (the edit page provides that).  As for pre-populating modification fields,
> how would my code know what changes the user made to the model between the
> last version and the one she is uploading?  There is no real version tracking
> code in the repository now, certainly no way to run diff between them.

sorry, I meant if the user is changing the model name *only* (i.e.,
version/variant/part changes), or curation level *only* (once that is in
the metadata) then for these relatively simple operations it probably
wouldn't be too hard to populate the modification entry based on the
single operation being done and the user's cellml.org membership data.
The user would probably be free to edit the pre-populated fields. Does
that make it any clearer?