> PCEnv, the graph has three traces, but only one of them shows (sin1). Is
> this supposed to happen?

not sure - I think that because the graphing metadata is still under
development PCEnv, I think, uses a combination of graphing metadata and
its own data to decide on the graphs that get drawn and how to draw
them. So I wouldn't expect PCEnv to produce the same graphs...

> So the idea of this graphing metadata is to fulfil a similar function to
> that of session files?

No, I think session files are about defining PCEnv specific data
required to reproduce a specific session within PCEnv, some ow which
would possibly be replaced using graphing metadata. The graphing
metadata specification is all about specifying a consistent and software
independent graph layout.

> I had a look at the spec but it's a bit technical for me to completely
> grasp it.

me too - and I'm helping to write it! :-)