Hi all,

I know Andrew and I have discussed this in the past but just thought I'd
raise the issue here and see if anyone has any ideas.

I have just begun trying to build the C++ API implementation using the
latest svn trunk code. I'm using a freshly installed Fedora 7 Linux box
(gcc (GCC) 4.1.2 20070502 (Red Hat 4.1.2-12)). This used to work fine on
my previous Fedora Core 5 install, but since FC6 the Fedora project
seems to be using a build of gcc that gives errors when building the
CellML API. The error is a variation on

./interfaces/Ifacexpcom.hxx:29: error: 'visibility' attribute ignored
because 'iface::XPCOM::IObject' is already defined

for the objects in the generated header files in the interfaces
directory. In the past I have got around this problem by compiling a
local version of gcc without whatever the change is from RedHat which
breaks builds with the stock gcc version.

So I'm just wondering if anyone else has found this problem and how
you've fixed/avoided it? and whether this error is really simply an
error in the Fedora builds or if it is actually picking up a real error
somewhere in the API implementation or IDL files? Its getting to be
quite a pain having to build gcc on each machine I try to use, and apart
from the API all the Fedora boxes I use seem to work perfectly fine...

Thanks,
Andre.