Hi all,

As a proof of concept, I have set up an unofficial CellML specification
git at http://repo.or.cz/w/cellml-draft-miller.git . This repository is
intended to show the concept of using a distributed revision control
tool to work on specification development, and not to suggest that this
is necessarily the type of technology which will be used for the actual
specification development.

I have used DocBook as the source format in this repository based on the
preliminary consensus on the CellML discussion mailing list - again,
this is not intended to suggest that DocBook will be the final format
used for specification development, but to show the concept, as one
format or another needs to be chosen even at he proof-of-concept stage.

git clone git://repo.or.cz/cellml-draft-miller.git andrews-spec-version
cd andrews-spec-version
git checkout -b normative remotes/origin/normative

You now have a local repository of my unofficial draft version of the
specification. You can make and commit your own changes locally, and
potentially push them to your own publicly visible repository (which
would allow me, or someone else to pull the changes into my version).
This makes it easy for everyone to keep their own draft versions, and
merge in changes that they agree with from others. We could eventually
set up an official git where changes which become widely accepted are
pushed, and to provide a starting point for people wanting to propose
additional changes.

BTW on my system, I can generate the HTML output using:
   xsltproc --xinclude --param section.autolabel 1
/usr/share/xml/docbook/stylesheet/nwalsh/xhtml/docbook.xsl toplevel.xml
 >toplevel.xhtml

The exact command you should use will depend on where things are
installed on your system.

Best regards,
Andrew