Release version 1.9 of the CellML API and CellML API implementation has
been made. This release implements a number of important new features
over version 1.8, as well as providing a number of bug fixes:
* passthrough support added to CIS, making it easier for tools to
embed code in expressions (for example, as a first stage in transforming
* A new optional extension service called TeLICeMS has been
implemented, allowing CellML models to to be converted to a text-based
representation, and vice versa.
* A new optional extension service for working with SED-ML has been
added; so far, only SED-OM manipulation is supported (no ability to
actually run simulations yet, only to manipulate descriptions of them).
* Better Python and Java binding support.
* Support for building an 'SDK' - a collection of all the needed
files. These are now shipped with releases.
The release (including source code and binary SDKs for x86 Linux, x86
Mac, and Windows 32 bit) can be downloaded from:
A new page has been put together to help developers who are new to the
CellML API get going with the binary releases of the API, and is
cellml-discussion mailing list