I should also mention that I've used the Windows Visual Studio 10 SDK with
no problems at all (well, with no errors--there are about 15 bajillion
warnings, but no errors).  This is a tremendous relief, so thanks!  (Still
haven't gotten back to check the Red Hat issues I had--will report back
when I do.)

-Lucian