* Maxwell Neal <mn...@u.washington.edu> [2011-10-21 22:03] writes:
> Hi all,
>
> I was wondering - can CellML models have nested components?  That is, are
> there instances where some model component is a component in another model
> component?
> Thanks,

Yes--this is covered by the concept of encapsulation.  See
http://www.cellml.org/getting-started/tutorials/tutorial/best_practice/#grouping
for more detail, but basically you set up a whole tree of nested
components, and this nesting determines the rules for how you can connect
the variables in those components.

Also, an imported component from another file that encapsulates other
components brings those components (and corresponding connections) with
it in the import.

Is that a reasonable summary, list denizens?

-Lucian