Hi David,

thanks for your kind reply. The link for OpenRave is the correct one. The SOFA
link is http://www.sofa-framework.org/ . What SOFA does well is provide a
suitable architecture for interactive medical simulation at the organ level.
Where CellML will complement it is modeling processes at the cell and tissue
levels, thereby complementing what SOFA has already in the development of
multi-scale interactive medical simulation, especially if it is possible to
distribute the computation, either over several cores, or over several GPUs.

I don't have a mathematical expression for this change in porosity of the BBB.
You could say that I'm still dipping my toe in the pool, in terms of my
immersion in computational biology. I imagine that if there is a model for
diffusion of molecules accross a tissue layer, that would be a place to start,
but ideally, I would like something that is well adapted to the blood-brain
barrier itself. I guess Google is my friend, and I can report back if I find
such an expression.

Cheers,

Michel

The basic idea that I have is to pursue the development of
Michel Audette, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor,
Department of Modeling, Simulation and Visualization Engineering,
Old Dominion University,
Norfolk, VA.