Update:

I did some more testing, and I am quite sure what happens is this:
- when a Gtalk contact goes either away or idle, they disappear from my contact list/go offline
- when they come back online this is not reflected in centerim for me
- I have to exit centerim and open it again for them to reappear
(not enough to disconnect from jab and reconnect)

In fact, I don't think I can see gtalk contacts with a status other than Online at all.

Arnt Jørgen