I am pleased to announce the general availability of CentOS 8 (1911) for armhfp. Effectively immediately, this is the current release for CentOS 8 and is tagged as 1911, derived from Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8.1.

As always, read through the Release Notes at: https://wiki.centos.org/Manuals/ReleaseNotes/CentOS8.1911 - these notes contain important information about the release and details about some of the content inside the release from the CentOS QA team. These notes are updated constantly to include issues and incorporate feedback from the users.

----------
Updates, Sources, and DebugInfos

Updates released since the upstream release are all posted. We strongly recommend every user apply all updates, including the content released today, on your existing CentOS 8 machine by just running 'yum update'.

As with all CentOS 8 components, this release was built from sources hosted at git.centos.org. In addition, SRPMs that are a byproduct of the build (and also considered critical in the code and buildsys process) are being published to match every binary RPM we release. Sources will be available from vault.centos.org in their own dedicated directories to match the corresponding binary RPMs. Since there is far less traffic to the CentOS source RPMs compared with the binary RPMs, we are not putting this content on the main mirror network. If users wish to mirror this content they can do so using the reposync command available in the yum-utils package. All CentOS source RPMs are signed with the same key used to sign their binary counterparts. Developers and end users looking at inspecting and contributing patches to the CentOS distro will find the code hosted at git.centos.org far simpler to work against. Details on how to best consume those are documented along with a quick start at : http://wiki.centos.org/Sources

Debuginfo packages are also being signed and pushed. Yum configs shipped in the new release file will have all the context required for debuginfo to be available on every CentOS install.

Everything we ever release, is always available on the vault service for people still looking for and have a real need for it.

----------
Special notes

For the release of CentOS 8.1905, we didn't make it in time with armhfp, but now we're on track, releasing all the arches on the same day. Thanks to everyone who has made this possible. For CentOS 8, we don't have (yet) RaspberryPi specific kernels, we're working on a way to simplify the process, and to be able to move between kernels. Also, we know that there are some rpms missing in our armhfp repos in relation to its x86_64 counterpart, we're working on releasing them as soon as possible.

----------
Download

In order to conserve donor bandwidth, and to make it possible to get the mirror content sync'd out as soon as possible, we recommend using torrents to get your initial installer images:

Altarch images can be downloaded at :
http://mirror.centos.org/altarch/8/isos/

sha256sums for armhfp:
3978f364add87d829f0720a00564d09740f895764f91d6a8f5cf7f022be3a431
CentOS-Userland-8-armv7hl-generic-GNOME-1911-sda.raw.xz
397362cb30658b0fd1040f0bc1fef97be472ec265c0582fd17f080567ed613fe
CentOS-Userland-8-armv7hl-generic-Minimal-1911-sda.raw.xz

----------
Getting Help

The CentOS ecosystem is sustained by community driven help and guidance.
The best place to start for new users is at
http://wiki.centos.org/GettingHelp

We are also on social media, you can find the project:
on Twitter at  : http://twitter.com/CentOSProject
on Facebook at : https://www.facebook.com/groups/centosproject/
on LinkedIn at : https://www.linkedin.com/groups/22405

And you will find the core team and a majority of the contributors on irc, on freenode.net in #centos and #centos-arm ; talking about the finer points of distribution engineering and platform enablement. Also, please consider reading https://wiki.centos.org/SpecialInterestGroup/AltArch/armhfp since it has a lot of help specific to armhfp.

Contributors

This release was made possible due to the hard work of many people, foremost on that list are the Red Hat Engineers for producing a great distribution and the CentOS QA team, without them CentOS would look very different. Many of the team went further and beyond expectations to bring this release to you, and I would like to thank everyone for their help.

Finally, please join me in thanking the donors who all make this possible for us.

Enjoy the fresh new release!

--
Pablo Greco