Alain Reguera Delgado wrote:
On 1/14/08, Mats Karlsson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Some thoughts:

1. Should the squares on the border have a different size compared to
the "High contrast Message" or should it be the same size?

http://www.ugg-lan.com/images/test2.png

Here you can see that the squares has a different size on the border (1) and the background (2) or is it an optical illusion?

2. Shouldn't there be squares in the background on the "Low contrast
Message" also, or do they become invisible then?

Nice and I like the new Medium choice, I hope thats a permanent one or was it just to visualize the "Light" version.

3. "High contrast Message", what about adding a lighter color "messages
left border" as a mirroring of the "Low contrast Message" design?

http://wiki.centos.org/ArtWork/Wiki?action=AttachFile&do=get&target=modern-CentOS-1.7-30-3.png

I did a cut and past to visualize what I mean, its a rude cut. I think you get the idea of what I mean with a "mirrored" design compared to the lighter backgrounds that has a discrete left border, so my thought was to have a light left border on the darker backgrounds. Im not shure if this is a good idea ;-)

http://www.ugg-lan.com/images/test.png

Hi Mats, your thoughts were included in 1.7-30. Could you check it
please, to make sure they were correctly interpreted.

See comments above.

And a new thought is to use the irregular square design from the top banner (3) to the background on the "message styles", that will give a more lively impression and less squarish... or what do you think?

(3) http://wiki.centos.org/wiki/modern-CentOS/img/moin-header-background.png

Relevant Changes:

1.7-30
======

  - Add Medium contrast Message style. The wiki syntax is:

        ||<id="mmimg" :^> attachment: ||||<id="mmtxt" (^> Text ... ||

        it also support the following clases:

        * class="orange"
        * class="red"
        * class="blue"
        * class="green"
        * class="violet"

        To use a class (i.e class="blue") we can use the following line:

        ||<id="mmimg" class="blue" :^> attachment: ||||<id="mmtxt"
class="blue" (^> Text ...||

        If no class is used, then gray color is used.

  - Squares in the messages background were a bit reduced.

  - Add background to low and medium contrast messages to reflect
    semitransparent squares.

Screenshots:

http://wiki.centos.org/ArtWork/Wiki?action=AttachFile&do=get&target=modern-CentOS-1.7-30.png
http://wiki.centos.org/ArtWork/Wiki?action=AttachFile&do=get&target=modern-CentOS-1.7-30-1.png
http://wiki.centos.org/ArtWork/Wiki?action=AttachFile&do=get&target=modern-CentOS-1.7-30-2.png
http://wiki.centos.org/ArtWork/Wiki?action=AttachFile&do=get&target=modern-CentOS-1.7-30-3.png

Theme:

http://wiki.centos.org/ArtWork/Wiki?action=AttachFile&do=get&target=modern-CentOS-1.7-30.tar.gz

---
What do you think now ?

Note: I don't know if the word Medium/Middle is correctly used here.

Cheers,
al

Kind regards
Mats