Christopher Chan wrote:

Is there a way to know where grub is installed? I have a few servers running in RAID 1 software for /boot, I gotta fix this. If I can't tell whether it is installed or not, is it dangerous to re-install it using the command above?

It won't hurt to re-install. The tricky part is knowing where the 2nd drive in the set will appear when the first fails so you can do the configuration correctly.

So long as you have all the necessary grub files, there is not much danger. Even if you are missing a config file on this side of the mirror (impossible...) so long as you load grub stage 2, you will have the power you need to continue if you have access (eg: via serial)

Worst case: boot the install cd with 'linux rescue' at the boot prompt,
let it detect and mount the system partitions, do the chroot it suggests, then 'grub-install /dev/sda' (or wherever the boot drive appears now), exit twice, and remove the CD as you reboot.

--
  Les Mikesell
   [EMAIL PROTECTED]