I would like to switch to CENTOS Postfix from sendmail. My current
sendmail, in combination with

the very old obtuse-smtpd, allows me:

1.       To control who of the internal users can     send mail and
to which domain or accounts

This can be accomplished with smtpd_restrictions_classes

2.       To control who of the internal users can receive mail and from
which domain or accounts

Ditto.

3.       To obtain a copy of all         sent mails

This can be accomplished using always_bcc

4.       To obtain a copy of all received mails

Ditto.

Obtuse-smtpd is very easy to configure and very effective. It takes
control of all smtp activities over Port

25 and, after filtering and checking, passes the safe mails to sendmail
for final delivery. Obtuse can, also,

check for addressability, through DNS, of the mail sender and other
useful features.

Postfix has extensive capabilities for this as well.

Can Postfix do all this ?

Yes.

Or, at least:

Can Postfix work in combination with obtuse-smtpd ? (at the end, obtuse
just calls

Good question. I've never heard of obtuse-smtpd, so I can't tell you, but Postfix generally acts like sendmail on the outside, but completely different on the inside.

sendmail for the real mail delivery; it only receives mail in port 25
and checks what it

receives with its rules, allowing or rejecting at the end)

Postfix does that as well.

Check out Ralf Hildebrandt's postfix resources at <http://www.arschkrebs.de/postfix/>. Ralf is also the co-author of an excellent Postfix book. You should particularly read the 3 pages about restriction classes.

Barry