On 04/02/2015 07:00 PM, Karanbir Singh wrote:
stretching this a bit futher : lets see if we can find 10 people who might be considered 'community beacons', who could / would act as commnuity comms and liason to make sure we are driving in the right directions and communicating things in the most impactful manner. ... thoughts ?
I really think that if someone is actually interested in helping the project, rather than being a backseat driver and griping at every change from the Steeped Tradition of the Unix Protectors - In Training , a division of the National Organization of Whiners (STUP-IT / NOW) standards, that someone should be willing to take the initiative to follow the -devel list. (Yes, that contrived acronym is tongue-in-cheek and meant as a joke to lighten things up a bit.... no offense to any particular person intended; please take a good laugh, smile, and enjoy your Friday!)

I am as pressed for time as anyone else on this list; I especially feel Matt Phelps' pain, as part of an educational institution where funding and staffing is never enough. But there has to be a bar to meet so that feedback given is useful and not trollish.

I would suggest that a periodic informational FAQ be added to the monthly mailman reminders for the CentOS lists that can give a pointer to those who would like to give feedback, or help out, or otherwise do something to benefit the project as a whole.

I would also suggest that changes to the distribution that directly affect users and users' expectations be more widely announced, and something like a request for comment be made for the proposed change, with replies to be sent to the -devel list. While I consider the very specific issue of the ISO naming to be a tempest in a teacup, I also appreciate the fact that mine is not the only opinion.

But I believe that we would experience heavy turnover in such a go-between position as you describe.