Thanks, but those seem to only be related to making a local mirror and keeping it in sync, not with handling separate repos for different systems, or helping you promote new packages through devel and production.

Steven Barre, RHCE
ste...@realestatewebmasters.com

Systems Administrator
Real Estate Webmasters - 250-753-9893

On 2015-04-10 16:47, Eero Volotinen wrote:
mrepo or reposync works fine with apache.

Eero
11.4.2015 2.45 ap. "Steven Barre" <ste...@realestatewebmasters.com>
kirjoitti:

Hello Everyone

I'm looking into the best way to have locked version repos for my CentOS
systems. The systems are all set up with Chef and have a couple different
recopies/roles. I'd like to have locked version repos for each role with
tested RPMs. Then perhaps quarterly apply any updates. It would be nice to
have something showing which updates are available for these locked repos.
I'd also want to be able to just push single update RPMs into the repo
(think heartbleed)

I've had a look at spacewalk and katello, but they seem a bit complicated.
Katello seems closer to what I'm looking for with its versioned "Content
Views", but I don't see how I could selectively include some new packages
in it. It seems like it only handles making new snapshots of the underlying
repos.

Maybe I'd be better off just setting up some repos on a web server and
manually adding packages? I'd probably want a way to symlink packages to
prevent disk bloat.

What are other people doing out there?