On 5/7/2015 11:44 PM, Sorin Srbu wrote:
May I ask what your settings are to achieve that retention rate?

there's a lot of settings...  but these are probably applicable...

Main Config:
  Schedule:
    FullPeriod: 27.9
    FullKeepCnt: 24
    FullKeepCntMin: 8
    FullAgeMax: 360
    IncrPeriod:  0.97
    IncrKeepCnt: 30
    IncrKeepMin: 1
    IncrAgeMax: 30
    IncrLevels: 1

on a few hosts where dailies are not appropriate due to how long they take, I override to do weekly incrementals instead

  Schedule:
    FullPeriod: 89.6
    FullKeepCnt: 2
    FullKeepCntMin: 2
    IncrPeriod: 6.97
    IncrKeepCnt: 15
    IncrAgeMax: 100

many of those are probably defaults, but I didn't keep track which ones I modified

another thing, many of my servers are SQL database servers (mostly postgresql and oracle). I do NOT backup the sql data file systems directly with backuppc, instead, I have the SQL do archiving or scheduled dumps, and I backup those archive and dump destinations...