On 07/06/2015 10:00 PM, Meikel wrote:
I'll check the cable (not clear how I can do that, probably using
another cable and connecting to another outlet).

Use a different cable to the same switch port, first. If you change both the cable and the switch port, you won't know if the problem was the cable or the switch port.

If the problem persists with a different cable, *then* try a different switch port.

e1000e 0000:00:19.0: eth0: Intel(R) PRO/1000 Network Connection
e1000e: eth0 NIC Link is Up 100 Mbps Full Duplex, Flow Control: None
It says that it has a speed of 10/100, but I definitely expect 1000 Mbps!

Yeah, the low link speed is no surprise given the long negotiation time.

Google-fu also turns up a suggestion that the switch doesn't negotiate properly in some cases, and that the problem can be resolved by disabling power saving mode on the switch, in its management interface.