On 11/07/15 18:10, John Hodrien wrote:
Why not just use autofs and have it mounted on demand?

You probably didn't read my post properly.

Part of what I'm saying is that autofs is set up out-of-the box to mount the filesystem. However, to access the area, I have to type in the full path all the time, which is rather tedios. I'd like to bookmark the location, but the problem is that Nautilus apparently keeps accessing all bookmarked folders to check status or something, which in practice means autofs will try to keep the filesystem mounted at all times - which I don't want.

- Toralf

jh