On 08/30/2015 04:32 PM, Frank Cox wrote:
On Sun, 30 Aug 2015 16:20:21 -0500
Robert Nichols wrote:

Once the system gets into this state, the only remedy is a forced
power-off.  What seems to be happening is that an NFS filesystem that
auto-mounted over a WiFi connection cannot be unmounted because the
WiFi connection is enabled only for my login and gets torn down when
my UID is logged off.

Any suggestions on how I can configure things to avoid this?  I
really don't want to expose my WPA2 key by making the connection
available to all users.

Perhaps you could unmount that share when you log off by putting a umount
command into the appropriate file.

The definition of "appropriate file" varies depending on what DE you're using.

Thanks for the suggestion. I'm using Gnome, and created an
executable file /etc/gdm/PostSession/autofsNFS containing:

  #!/bin/bash
  if grep -q ':.* nfs[234]\? ' /proc/mounts; then
      if [ -r /var/run/autofs.pid ]; then
          Pid=$(</var/run/autofs.pid)
          [ -n "$Pid" ] && kill -USR1 $Pid
      fi
  fi

That sends a SIGUSR1 to the automount process if there are any
remote NFS mounts listed in /proc/mounts.  It seems to do the
trick.

                Do NOT delete it.