On 21/09/2015 04:10, John R Pierce wrote:
On 9/20/2015 6:00 PM, Eliezer Croitoru wrote:
I am interested in understanding the thing with BackupPC.
What does it have compared to basic rsync?

its a full blown backup service for any number of client hosts, it
maintains a pool of full and incremental backups going back as far as
you care, and this pool is fully dedupped to reduce its size. it uses
rsync to fetch files from the target machines when making a new
backup.   the webui can be used to browse these backups and restore any
portion of any backed up file system to any point at which there's a
backup.

the 'windows agent' is a stripped down installation of rsyncd from cygwin.

Thanks!
I wasn't sure how it would fetch from a windows machine.

Eliezer