On 05/12/2016 12:22 AM, Götz Reinicke - IT Koordinator wrote:
Are there any known good resources for a comparison of e.g. Puppet,
Chef, Ansible etc?

https://bitbucket.org/gordonmessmer/config-comparison/overview

I wrote one for my current employer, when I started, in order to get consensus from my coworkers on which system to use. The comparison described a specific set of tasks that were common, under 5 config management systems.

Obviously, I do not have extensive experience with all of the systems, and some of the solutions described may not be the solutions that an expert would provide. If anyone wants to submit changes, I'll add them. Also, the document is somewhat out of date. Since I wrote it, I've submitted a substantial number of fixes to bcfg2 to address almost all of the deficiencies that I identified.

If I were in that position again, though, I think Ansible would be the easy choice. There are a whole lot of things I like about bcfg2, but development is mostly inactive.