On 05/17/2016 03:07 AM, Johnny Hughes wrote:
On 05/16/2016 04:02 PM, Wes James wrote:
On Mon, May 16, 2016 at 12:47 PM, Johnny Hughes <joh...@centos.org> wrote:

The Continuous Release repository RPMs for CentOS-6.8 are now released.
It includes the following releases:

This is the first time I've installed updates from CR.  I did this on 6.7
in virtualbox.  When I reboot, it still says 6.7.   When I run lsb_release
-a, it is still 6.7. Are they supposed to say 6.7?  Does this change when
it is official in 10-21 days?

Yes, and yes.

When we released the official 6.8 tree and isos, they will have a new
centos-release rpm.

If you continue to run updates against the CR repo, that will be the
only update you get when you switch.

I just did this update yesterday and everything is great! Thank you all for a wonderfully simple update process.

My lsb_release -a output says 6.8 but this was 10 days after the former post.

MzK

"Time spent with cats is never wasted."
                   -- Sigmund Freud