On 06/09/2016 11:43 AM, Valeri Galtsev wrote:
When databases are concerned, I would never rely on a snapshot of their
storage files. Either stop relevant daemon(s), then do fs snapshot, or
better though do dbdump and restore databases from dump when you need to
restore it.

Dumping and restoring files can be *really* slow, so "better" is highly subjective.

Instead, you could quiesce your databases to get a filesystem snapshot. I wrote a framework for doing this that is filesystem and application agnostic, which I mentioned in a previous message.