On 10/07/2015 01:05 PM, Johnny Hughes wrote:
On 10/07/2015 11:12 AM, Kay Schenk wrote:
On Wed, Oct 7, 2015 at 6:21 AM, Johnny Hughes <joh...@centos.org> wrote:

On 10/06/2015 05:30 PM, Kay Schenk wrote:
Well I haven't tested out the CentOS 7 for i386 yet as sent in the
message of 06/02--

https://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos-devel/2015-June/013426.html

Nor have I seen any additional information. So how is this going?
I'm almost ready to jump in as I would really prefer to be on  Gnome 3.

We have moved it into place here, which is where it is going to live
permanently:

http://mirror.centos.org/altarch/7/os/i386/

​Ok, thanks. I may install this soonish...

Well I have not gotten to this. Since this is a "community" distro, are patches and updates provided in the same timeframe as they would be for CentOS 7 64-bit?

I don't readily see anything like a SIG mailing list or I'd ask there.

Thanks.

I am working on a wiki page now and we are still doing some testing, but
the 32 bit arch should be completely usable right now and installable
(in its final form) from these isos:

http://mirror.centos.org/altarch/7/isos/i386/

The 2 bugs listed in the link above are still there:

1.  If installing on a QEMU (kvm) i386 VM, you must modify the VM cpu to
use "copy host cpu"

http://bugs.centos.org/view.php?id=8748

2.  The gnome desktop will not exit or log out from the menu.

  http://bugs.centos.org/view.php?id=8834

Both have workarounds listed.

​um...hmmm...the non-logout from Gnome would certainly be a hassle for me,
but not the shutdown as I don't shutdown from GUI. OK, I will look further
into this before changing over.

The GUI logout works fine once you:

gsettings set org.gnome.SessionManager logout-prompt false

MzK

"Time spent with cats is never wasted."
                   -- Sigmund Freud