On 02/13/2017 06:55 AM, KM wrote:
The NIC went bad and it has been replaced.  I knew enough to update the HW
address in the ifcfg-* files.  The network service restarts successfully
without errors.  However I cannot connect via ping or ssh with the pt2pt
network setup on 192.168.x.*.  When I use our internal network ip addresses it
is fine.

That's not much to go on. The output of "ip addr show" and "ip route show" might help you figure out what's going on. Do your interfaces have the expected names? Do they have the expected IP addresses?

One thing that might be problematic is that there are multiple systems that attempt to maintain consistent interface names. If your interface names are not what you expect, you might need to look at /etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-net.rules where there may be additional rules mapping specific MAC addresses to an interface name.