On Thu, 2 Mar 2017, Tate Belden wrote:

I have to assume it's something unique to your install, then.

I run about a dozen sshd instances on as many CentOS 7 boxes around here.
To a one, systemctl restart sshd is all it takes to implement config
changes.

Did you actually change something before doing the restart? If nothing changes
it will restart every time. If I change the configuration to for instance have
sshd listen on another port, that is when I have the problem. Oh and selinux is
in permissive.

There is nothing special about the environment. a couple of VM's in question
are brand new minimal installs. I spin them up for testing push new sshd configs
to them with Ansible and tear them down.

Before someone says Ansible is the problem I have tried this by hand also.

Regards,

--
Tom                     m...@tdiehl.org         Spamtrap address
        me...@tdiehl.org