Hi

I am not sure how to solve this.

I am constantly getting messages that should go into the kern/message log
printed on screen - MOSTLY from iptables.
The messages are ALSO logged to the syslog files.

It still prints those message onto the console screen even if I am logged off
(security issue).

When logged in on the console its anoying as I constantly have to hit CTRL-L to
refresh the screen to get rid of those messages.

However it does NOT happen when I ssh into the machine.

How can I solve this that those messages are NOT printed.

thanks
Jobst

--
Share your knowledge. It's a way to achieve immortality.