On 09/09/2017 07:55 AM, Nicolas Kovacs wrote:
Le 09/09/2017 à 14:41, Phil Perry a écrit :
Why were you surprised? Linux systems use the available RAM, surely you
understand that?

I'm surprised because my system used the available RAM and then it even
began to swap.

Of course there is the possibility that you have discovered a bug

Minimal CentOS 7 installation with BIND, Apache, MySQL, Postfix and
Dovecot, regularly updated.

Hence my post. Wondering if other CentOS users experienced something
similar.

Every system that runs continuously for more that a few days will have some
pages that were used once when some long-running process started and were never
referenced again. Those pages will eventually migrate out to swap, and that's
the best place for them. Right now, I see that this system has been up for 16
days and has ~270MB of swap used. I typically see ~500MB of swap used when the
system has been running a while longer.

                Do NOT delete it.